Wednesday, April 24, 2024

AI and Virtual Reality - Technologies of the Future

Virtual reality provides people with great experiences that can  take students to different environments and historical periods, fostering deeper engagement and understanding (Merchant et al., 2018). Imagine students exploring the Amazon rainforest or experiencing life iin France?  Personally, I committed to learning and incorporating VR into my teaching practice and instructional design. By staying updated with the latest VR advancements and attending professional development workshops, I want to develop the skills and knowledge to use VR in the classroom and online if possible. I believe that incorporating VR field trips into my curriculum will enable my students to virtually visit locations relevant to our studies, offering them unique and enriching educational experiences without the constraints of time and budget.

Also, AI-powered learning platforms offer personalized learning experiences by adapting to individual student needs and learning styles (Holmes et al., 2019). These platforms provide feedback, recommend resources, and adjust instruction based on student progress. i work for institutions that are looking at the positives of AI and how it can help students and further creative thinking. Recognizing the immense potential of AI in education, I'm dedicated to learning about and integrating AI-powered platforms into my practice and design. I have gotten a start to this, as I attend online PD's and have been reading information regarding the future of artificial intelligence. I aim to differentiate instruction and provide tailored support to meet the unique needs of each student.

Through my commitment to learning and integrating these emerging technologies, such as VR and AI, into my teaching practice, I strive to create an engaging and personalized learning environment that prepares my students for the challenges and opportunities of the future.



Holmes, Wayne; Bialik, Maya; Fadel, Charles; (2019) Artificial intelligence in education. In: Data ethics : building trust : how digital technologies can serve humanity. (pp. 621-653). Globethics Publications

Merchant, Z., Goetz, E. T., Cifuentes, L., Keeney-Kennicutt, W., & Davis, T. J. (2018). Effectiveness of virtual reality-based instruction on students' learning outcomes in K-12 and higher education: A meta-analysis. Computers & Education, 127, 29-40.


No comments:

Post a Comment

AI and Virtual Reality - Technologies of the Future

Virtual reality provides people with great experiences that can  take students to different environments and historical periods, fostering d...